The Rostrata Primary School Health and Physical Education Program (HPE) enables students to engage in a variety of learning activities to increase their knowledge of healthy lifestyles, well-being and physical fitness. As a result of participating in HPE students will have the opportunity to:
- Demonstrate motor and fundamental movement skills to confidently perform a variety of physical activities.
- Understand movement concepts, principles and tactics as they apply to various sports and modified games.
- Understand the importance of and make educated decisions about achieving and maintaining healthy lifestyles.
- Demonstrate responsible personal and social behaviour in physical activity settings
- Participate in extra curricula activities such as running club, lunchtime sports and assorted carnivals and competitions.
- Learning through movement