This means taking part in the shaping and monitoring of the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions. In particular, the Board is responsible for developing and overseeing the implementation of the school’s strategic plan.
The Board does not have a role in school management. This function is the responsibility of the Principal and involves educational leadership and the effective day to day administration, supervision and control of the school and its staff.
The Board is formed with the fundamental purpose of enabling parents, staff and members of the community to work together to best meet the needs and interests of students and enhance the education provided by the School.
Our Board Approves of:
- a charge or contribution determined by the principal for the provision of materials, services and facilities;
- the costs determined by the principal to be paid for participation in an extra cost optional component of the school’s educational program;
- the items determined by the principal to be supplied by a student for the student’s personal use in the school’s educational program; and
- an agreement or arrangement for advertising or sponsorship in relation to a government school.
The School Board takes part in:
- establishing and reviewing from time to time, the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- planning financial arrangements necessary to fund those objectives, priorities and directions;
- evaluating the school’s performance in achieving those objectives, priorities and directions; and
- formulating codes of conduct for students at the school.
- the selection of, but not the appointment of, the school principal or any other member of the teaching staff if prior approval is given by the Regional Executive Director.
For further information, please email the School Board firstname.lastname@example.org
Martin Greenacre - Chair